Thursday, December 24, 2015

Wishing Everyone a Happy Holiday

I'm thankful for a lot of things in my life, and while Eve Online is hardly the most important one, it is a meaningful one. Over the past year, we've had a lot of turmoil and frustration as a community. Our play styles have been disrupted, and we've been force to take in a lot of change.

I do believe that change is all for the good. The game needs to expand to grow, and you do need to break a few eggs to make an omlette. But that doesn't mean it's all going to be easy. In game, this year was a difficult one. On my part, it saw me make a pretty dramatic change by changing corps. It was hard decision, but while the players in my old corp would make me stay, my overall dissatisfaction with the circumstances being constantly reinforced within the CFC compelled me to leave. It was a hard one, though.

More generally, though, we've all been dealing with that awkward period before a big change when tension and frustration slowly mounts. Some of us are close to making the hard choices between expeirence and achievement in-game.  Others decided not to choose at all, and simply stopped logging in. Hopefully, 2016 will see your love for this game outweigh your weariness at the political baggage we sometimes load onto our backs. Just remember the fun, the joy, the glee of flying through space shooting each other.  We'll be here for you.

But despite all the tension and discomfort, I've also seen love, openness, and friendship. My new bros in TISHU accepted me with open arms.  Sure, they can shitpost with the best of them, and are masters at trolling folks into the ground, but they're also friendly people and welcoming of outsiders. And for that, I'm truly thankful.

So, as we sit back and reflect on the year past, I hope nothing more than that you recall the good, forget the bad, and look forward to the great times to come. 2016 is what we make of it, and while we can't control what happens TO us, we can control how we REACT to it. Here's wishing you a happy holiday and the strength to meet all that is to come with an open mind, an iron will, and the absolute faith that your future can be as bright as you hope!

Oh, and here's a little Eve fun posted by CCP Shadowcat last week.


4 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays to you Tal, to your family and even your Corp and Alliance. I have always found TISHU to be an adversary worthy of respect, willing to fight and with an Ace up the FCs sleeve. Great content, in other words.
    I hope that won't change in 2016.

    2015 was indeed an interesting year in Eve, for me it also was my first entire year in New Eden (I started playing in Septemder on 2014). Your blog, and personal correspondence in game, have always been helpful, entertaining, educational and supportive, whether we were neutral to each other, allies or hostiles.

    So enjoy the holidays, get into 2016 healthy and have plenty of ships ready for me to blow up. Unfortunately I had to reset the personal blue status I gave you so that I can actually call you primary.
    Fly well (because safe is for suckers) o/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping too abuse that oversight for a while longer...

      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
    2. I was hoping too abuse that oversight for a while longer...

      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Tal!

    ReplyDelete