But instead of annually, I’m going to look at my hangar just before every expansion. Immediately after an expansion, my hangar tends to change rapidly and chaotically, but after a few months, it’s usually pretty settled. With Rubicon about three weeks away, I figure now’s as good a time as any to commemorate my ships for Odyssey.
So, without further ado…
- Scimitar - Alliance fit for fleet ops.
- Oneiros – Alliance fit for fleet ops.`
- Tornado – long-range, max alpha fit for blap-and-escape fleets.
- Muninn – Alliance fit for fleet ops.
- Ashimmu – I just picked this one up from a corp-mate and made some changes to add some DPS. I haven’t flown it yet, but I’m torn between keeping it for armor roams or selling it.
- Daredevil – pretty standard armor fit for pinning targets down. Specifically not a nano fit.
- Harpy – dual-ASB blarpy FTW. I fly this one solely for PvP with 2-3 buddies, max.
- Jaguar – TD-fit, for solo PvP.
- Nidhoggur – literally just a hull with 3 CCCs. I use it for shuttling ships up to Tenal from empire. It used to be my main carrier before I trained for a Thanatos.
- Rupture – armor-fit with lots of ewar. Great for a lot of uses. Part of a set of theme armor-cruiser fleets we use
- Thorax – another armor cruiser for short range. Also part of a set of theme armor-cruiser fleets we use.
- Rapier x2 – dual-web, one of my favorite ships for solo or small-gang. Can easily take out three assault frigs solo.
- Sabre – single-bubble, max tank, good for the occasional gate camp, but not much else. Probably the standard fit come Rubicon.
- Tengu – cap-stable Guristas version, for running combat signatures.
- Ishtar – afk anom version, useful for sec status grinding.
- Vagabond – 220mm gun version
- Vagabond – 425mm gun version
- Vagabond – ASB version (obviously, I still like Vagas)
- Cynabal – dual-prop fit, as discussed here (Cynabal flying guide).
- Curse – armor-fit for max ewar. It can take on a strong DPS ship and two tacklers easily.
- Jaguar – web-fit for taking on other assault frigs.
- Cyclone – a new ship for me, using HAMs and an ASB to take advantage of the new bonus.
- Dramiel – pretty standard dual-prop fit for taking down larger ships at range.
- Gnosis – max ehp version, meant to be bait. I’ve only flown it a few times, since I bought it right before our Curse deployment and I left it in S-E.
- Hurricane – I retrofitted this one from the formerly standard dual-neut version, but it’s similar in most ways.
- Thanatos – Das Boot (sentry drone) fit, in every way, including mods to refit on the fly. Always fit a Cyno on your carrier…
- Myrmidon – dual-rep, dual-web active tank fit, for serving as bait and taking down any tackle stupid enough to get close. Fears Curses.
- Talos – Alliance fit for fleet ops.
- Sleipnir – ASB fit, but it could use some tweaking. I don’t think I’ve flown it before, but it’s relatively new.
- Proteus – my newest project… a cloaky beast that can scram out to 15 km before overheating or boosts. Meant for finding and quickly dispatching targets. Only one more sub to V…
- Retribution – armor-fit, but still gets good speed. Used to attack T1 ships.
- Manticore – Alliance torpedo fit for fleet ops.
- Wolf – autocannon fit, also for solo or small gang assault frig roams. Love this ship.
Generally, I don’t prefer T1, simply because they die quickly in solo work (unless you mess up your range), and T2 is usually a better choice in fleets if your budget can bear it.
So, what trends can you pull out? I wonder what will change come Rubicon…